Check Out My Etsy Shop...

Thursday 15 March 2012

Jessie J Album Cover...


Front Cover


Back cover


Cd


My last project for Visual communications at college was to produce a single cover from a list of artists. The artists I had to choose from were Jessie J, The ting tings, dizzy rascal and Kanye West. I decided to go with Jessie J - as I am a big fan. 
The brief said to choose an unreleased song from their album, It had to be an unrealised song  as I could have been influenced by material already produced for an existing song. So I chose 'Rainbow'
After doing all the boring stuff, like research, I began to photograph textures like fabrics and glitter (textures that I related to Jessie J) I also considered the colours I was going to include. I then created some sketches of Jessie J which I then thought would be a nice front cover. 
Using photoshop I started montaging all these different textures together and cropping out geometric shapes and collaging them together surrounding the image of Jessie.
I thought the back cover should be a bit more simple, so I took the glitter element and zoomed in and adjusted the hue to achieve that gorgeous purple with freckles of green and pink which compliments the front cover.
For the CD print, I thought it would be nice to incorporate some hand rendered techniques. so I collaged ripped paper and then machine stitched into it. Then scanned it into the computer on a high res and finished it of by slightly adjusting the brightness/contrast and the vibrancy.

Front


Back


Cd


I then thought I would be interesting if I created a contrasting design for the same song. I took inspiration from the likes of Sara Fanelli in how she draws very cute, primitive figures. 
I hand drew the rainbow image and collaged some ripped paper, I then scanned that into the computer and using the paint brush in Photoshop I added a slight touch of colour to the hearts. 
Yeah, I'm pleased with the two very different outcomes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment